New Jersey and Pennsylvania Employment Law Attorneys
Any sort of mistreatment or harassment at work can be both financially and emotionally devastating.
With Offices in Mercer County, NJ and Bucks County, PA
Any sort of mistreatment or harassment at work can be both financially and emotionally devastating. Whether you were treated unfairly at work, harassed in the workplace, discriminated against in the terms and conditions of your employment, not paid what you deserve, or fired for an illegitimate reason, you need to take action to protect your rights.
State and federal employment laws recognize that you deserve to be treated fairly in the workplace. However, these laws are complex and can be difficult to understand. Additionally, federal and state employment laws require potential plaintiffs to jump through a number of hoops in order to pursue a claim against their former employer. An experienced employment law attorney can help you identify and understand the specific statutory protections that apply in your case, as well as take action necessary to protect your rights.
Philip Cohen was amazing. This was my second interaction with this law firm and they are all great
Bucks County PA Wrongful Termination Lawyers
If your legal rights have been violated in any way, you can turn to the knowledgeable employment dispute litigators at Kamensky Cohen & Riechelson. We’ve provided employment law solutions to countless clients throughout New Jersey and Pennsylvania. Our firm has experience protecting mistreated employees against violations of their rights and defending employers against allegations of workplace misconduct.
What Types of Employment Law Disputes Arise in NJ & PA?
Our attorneys are prepared to handle a wide range of employment law matters, including:
- Employment contracts – A knowledgeable attorney can help you negotiate favorable contractual terms to secure maximum benefits and minimize your legal obligations. We can also help you seek damages when your employment contract is breached.
- Wrongful termination – We seek job reinstatement, lost wages, and compensatory and punitive damages for employees who were wrongly terminated.
- Equal pay – The NJ Equal Pay Act protects workers against salary discrimination on the basis of gender.
- Employment discrimination – You are protected against workplace discrimination on the basis of race, sex, age, religion, or disability.
- Hostile work environment – Your employer must take precautions to ensure that employees do not feel uncomfortable in the workplace because of race, sex, age, or any other protected category.
- Sexual harassment – Employers may be liable for severe and pervasive sexual harassment in the workplace.
- Whistleblower retaliation – Your employer cannot retaliate against you for reporting wrongdoing or participating in an investigation into the employer’s unlawful practices.
- Unemployment compensation – We help terminated employees seek unemployment benefits.
- Severance packages – We negotiate with employers to secure maximum benefits for employees in the event of job termination.
Regardless of the nature of your employment law dispute, our knowledgeable employment law attorneys will work with you to gain a full understanding of your unique situation. We will develop and tailor advanced legal strategies that are suited to your specific needs and goals. In our experience, most employment law disputes can be resolved through effective negotiation in order to arrive at a favorable settlement. When settlement is not possible, our experienced litigators are prepared to do battle in the courtroom to secure a victory for you.
Employment Lawyers Practicing in Pennsylvania and New Jersey
You need a law firm that understands what is at stake for you. The experienced employment lawyers at Kamensky Cohen & Riechelson will always put your needs first and fight vigorously to protect your interests. We will help you understand the legal options that are available to you and we will be strong advocates for you throughout the legal process.
Call us today, or fill out our online contact form to schedule a free consultation. One of our experienced employment dispute lawyers will be happy to sit down with you and discuss your case.