New Jersey & Pennsylvania Employment Contract Attorneys Offer Experienced Guidance
Law Firm with Offices in Mercer County, NJ & Bucks County, PA
The typical employment contract lays out both the legal rights and the legal obligations of an employee. It is important to understand each provision and term in any employment contract you sign; a mistake or oversight by your employer when drafting the agreement could prove costly in the future. Unfortunately, it is easy to miss these mistakes because employment contracts tend to be unwieldy and include a lot of confusing language and legal terms.
An experienced employment law attorney can advise you about the meaning of every clause in your contract. Moreover, an attorney can let you know whether the contract you are about to sign is favorable to you.
The skilled employment law attorneys at Kamensky Cohen & Riechelson have significant experience handling employment law matters throughout New Jersey and Pennsylvania. We’ve drafted, negotiated, and reviewed countless employment contracts for our clients. We can help you understand your rights and obligations.
You Need an Employment Law Attorney to Help You with Complicated Employment Contract Issues
Employment contract issues can arise in a number of situations, including:
- Employer fails to adhere to contract’s salary stipulations, including scheduled bonuses and commissions.
- Contract violates statutory equal pay provisions.
- Worker is suspended or disciplined in violation of employment contract or employee manual.
- Employer violates contractual provisions and/or statutory requirements by maintaining a hostile working environment.
- Worker is fired in violation of terms of service.
- Worker is fired without good cause when the employment contract requires cause for termination.
- Terminated worker is denied severance package after being laid off.
- Contract includes a restrictive covenant or non-compete provision that prevents the employee from working for a competitor later on.
If you are about to sign, or have already signed, an employment contract, the knowledgeable employment law attorneys at Kamensky Cohen & Riechelson can assist you in a number of ways:
- We will help draft your contract to maximize your benefits. If your employer has already provided an initial draft, we will recommend changes that are advantageous to you.
- We will negotiate with your employer and fight to include favorable terms in your employment contract.
- We will review your contract prior to signing and identify any ambiguities or potentially problematic clauses.
- If you’ve already signed your employment contract and believe your employer may have violated the terms of the contract, we can also assist you. We will review your existing contract and identify any possible breaches by your employer.
Employment Contract Lawyers Who Can Help Resolve Your NJ or PA Contract Matter
Timing is important when it comes to employment issues. Do not wait to speak with a lawyer about your employment contract. By having an experienced employment lawyer on your side at the beginning of the process, you can protect yourself against future surprises and ensure that your rights will be protected going forward.
The experienced employment contract lawyers at Kamensky Cohen & Riechelson have handled numerous employment law matters in New Jersey and Pennsylvania. We will help you avoid a potential employment contract dispute by thoroughly reviewing your contract and ensuring that there are no mistakes or oversights. If the matter has already gone past the negotiation stage, we are prepared to fight for your rights in a formal legal setting. Contact us by telephone at (609) 394-8585 or use our online contact form to schedule a free consultation with an experienced employment contract lawyer.