Trenton NJ Filing an Employment Discrimination Complaint Attorney
Law Firm with Offices in Trenton and Pennington, New Jersey
Although society has made great advances when it comes to equal treatment of different races and sexes, employment discrimination remains a serious problem in New Jersey workplaces. The good news is that both federal and state laws protect workers against discrimination in a number of categories, including race, sex, sexual orientation, age, and disability. If you have suffered discrimination at your place of employment, you can potentially use these laws to seek remedies. However, this area of the law is extremely complex and often requires immediate action. That’s why you should contact an attorney as soon as possible.
Kamensky Cohen & Riechelson is a highly respected law firm with a track record of success in New Jersey and Pennsylvania. Our attorneys have more than 40 years of experience helping workers file discrimination complaints in Mercer County, NJ, including Hamilton, East Windsor, and Hopewell. Call KCR now to speak with a member of our litigation team about your case.
Protecting Your Employment Rights in Mercer County NJ
If you have been the victim of discrimination in the workplace, there are several steps you can take to protect yourself and preserve your legal rights:
- Keep a journal. It is important for you to keep a record of the discrimination or harassment. The exact details will be crucial if you end up filing a claim for employment discrimination, so try to write down as much information as possible, including the dates and locations of any incidents.
- Speak with potential witnesses. Your chances of winning will be greatly improved if you have witnesses who can support your discrimination claim.
- Gather evidence. Documentation of discrimination or inappropriate conduct in the workplace will be crucial to your employment discrimination claim. Courts give significant weight to verifiable evidence of discrimination such as emails or text messages.
- Report any harassment to your supervisor. It is important to have a record of any incidents of harassment. That’s why you should put your complaint in writing and give it to your supervisor or your company’s human resources department.
- Contact an attorney. An experienced employment discrimination attorney can look over your case and advise you on whether you should file a formal complaint.
Filing an Employment Discrimination Complaint in Lawrence NJ
Employment discrimination laws are incredibly complicated and often require victims to file complaints with several different agencies. Moreover, an employment discrimination claim is extremely difficult to win because the burden of persuasion is on the plaintiff. That’s why the best action you can take to win your discrimination claim is to speak with an experienced employment discrimination attorney.
Free Consultation with Princeton NJ Workplace Discrimination Lawyers
The litigation team at Kamensky Cohen & Riechelson can help you file a discrimination complaint. Additionally there is no fee until we win your case; if we get nothing, you don’t pay us anything. Call us today to begin the process of filing a workplace discrimination claim, or fill out the online contact form to schedule a meeting at our Trenton or Pennington offices.