Traumatic Injuries Lawyer Princeton NJ
Law Firm with Offices in Hamilton and Pennington, New Jersey
If you suffered an injury as a result of any sort of trauma to your body while performing a work-related task, you may qualify for workers’ compensation. This is important because the consequences of a work-related accident can be severe. A work-related injury can result in significant medical bills, including emergency room care, surgery, and rehabilitation. Additionally, you might find it difficult to return to work because of your injury. While you are out of work, the medical bills can quickly pile up and create a difficult financial situation for you and your family.
Serious Injury Attorney Hamilton
Cohen & Riechelson is a highly respected law firm with a track record of success in New Jersey and Pennsylvania. Our experienced workers’ compensation lawyers have more than 40 years of experience assisting injured workers in Mercer County, including Ewing, Princeton, and Hightstown. Call CR now to speak with a member of our litigation team and explore your legal options.
Work-Related Traumatic Injuries in Mercer County, New Jersey
Certain jobs are physically demanding and place workers at great risk of injury. However, any type of job can potentially result in traumatic injuries. All it takes is one bad moment at work for you to suffer a serious injury. For example, you could slip and fall while walking in your office.
Some of the common injuries suffered by workers in New Jersey include:
- Back Injuries: Spinal cord injuries can cause paralysis, including quadriplegia and paraplegia. Even minor back injuries can result in chronic pain or loss of function.
- Neck Injuries: Slip and fall accidents in which the worker lands awkwardly can cause muscle strains in the neck. Damage to any part of your neck can cause serious health problems, including chronic pain.
- Head Injuries: In the worst cases, a traumatic brain injury can cause permanent brain damage.
- Shoulder Injuries: A torn rotator cuff can weaken your shoulder and cause severe pain.
- Knee Injuries: A sudden twisting motion while performing work-related duties can injure your ACL.
- Herniated Disc: A pinched nerve can cause pain in the injured worker’s neck, lower back, legs, or arms.
- Repetitive Trauma Injuries: When a worker has to perform the same tasks every single day, the cumulative trauma can cause serious injuries. These kinds of injuries include carpal tunnel syndrome and rotator cuff impingement syndrome.
- Bruising and Road Rash: If you have to drive a car as part of your job-related duties, you could be at risk of serious accidents which can result in road rash injuries. In the worst cases, this can result in deep tissue damage and permanent scarring.
- Amputation: If you work with heavy machinery, you could be at risk of catastrophic injuries that require amputation of an arm or leg.
- Death: The worst traumatic injuries can result in death. Fatalities are a serious concern in dangerous jobs like construction work and factory work.
Workers’ Compensation Benefits for Workplace Injuries in Lawrence NJ
Injured workers are entitled to workers’ compensation in the form of medical benefits to cover the costs of all necessary medical treatment and hospital services. You might also be entitled to income benefits for your on-the-job injuries. If you suffer a significant work-related injury that prevents you from returning to work for an extended period of time, you may be eligible for long-term wage benefits. This includes temporary disability benefits and permanent disability benefits.
An attorney can help you win your claim and secure maximum benefits in your workers’ compensation case. Keep in mind that the New Jersey workers’ compensation process is incredibly complex and involves complicated legal procedures. An attorney can guide you through the legal process and make sure that you file all necessary documents and paperwork in a timely fashion. It is important for you to not miss any deadlines because there is a strict statute of limitations in workers’ compensation cases. An attorney can also help you provide the necessary evidence to bolster your claim and ensure that there is no doubt about its legitimacy.
Contact a Hopewell Township NJ Workers’ Comp Attorney
The workers’ compensation attorneys at Cohen & Riechelson will help you file a workers’ comp claim and get the compensation you deserve. Additionally, we handle workers’ comp cases on a contingency basis; if we don’t win your case, we don’t get paid. Call us anytime to discuss your case, or email us to schedule a free consultation at our Pennington or Hamilton offices.