Repetitive Stress Injuries Trenton NJ
With Offices in Trenton and Pennington, New Jersey – Call our Workers Compensation Attorneys today
Workers’ compensation exists to protect workers who have suffered injuries or occupational diseases. Among the most common occupational diseases are repetitive stress injuries. Many jobs require workers to place stress on their joints through repetitive motions. Over time, this can lead to irritation and severe injuries. That’s because the cumulative effect of repetitive motions can be significant damage to a person’s hands, wrists, arms, and shoulders. If you are suffering from work-related repetitive stress injuries, or any other type of work-related injury, it is important that you take action sooner rather than later. The longer you wait, the harder it will be to prove that your job is responsible for the injuries.
Hamilton Repetitive Motion Injuries
Kamensky Cohen & Riechelson is a law firm with more than 40 years of experience handling workers’ compensation cases in New Jersey and Pennsylvania. We have helped injured workers file workers’ comp claims throughout Mercer County, including Princeton, Hightstown, and Ewing. Additionally, our legal team has outstanding credentials in the areas of workers’ compensation and personal injury law. If you have suffered a repetitive stress injury, call KCR today to explore your legal options.
Types of Repetitive Stress Injuries in Mercer County NJ
Some of the most common types of repetitive stress injuries in New Jersey include:
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome: Repeated hand movements, often caused by typing, can lead to a medical condition that causes pain, tingling, and numbness.
- De Quervain’s Tenosynovitis: This is a painful condition that involves inflammation and swelling of the thumb. The condition is caused by repetitive hand or wrist movement.
- Osteoarthritis: Repetitive tasks can wear down the protective cartilage on joints in your hands, neck, and lower back.
- Tendonitis: Inflammation or irritation of a tendon can cause significant pain just outside the joint. The pain is felt most often around a person’s shoulders, elbows, wrists, and knees.
- Thoracic Outlet Syndrome: This is a group of disorders that involves compression of the nerves around a person’s collarbone. Any kind of overhead movement that is repeated over a long period of time can cause numbness and tingling in the arm or fingers, as well as a weakened grip.
Causes of Repetitive Stress Injuries in Lawrence NJ
Certain jobs are more likely to require workers to perform tasks that place severe stress and strain on the body. These jobs include:
- Construction site workers who have to lift heavy objects or work with machinery are likely to develop conditions caused by repetitive stress.
- Manufacturing work that requires an employee to perform tasks on an assembly line can place an enormous amount of stress on the worker’s body.
- Manual laborers who are expected to lift heavy equipment and load trucks can suffer repetitive stress injuries.
- Office or clerical work that requires an employee to use a keyboard and type can lead to repetitive stress injuries such as carpal tunnel syndrome.
- Truck drivers who have to constantly shift gears and then load, and unload, trucks are at significant risk of developing repetitive stress injuries.
- Department store workers who need to stock shelves, load trucks, or move boxes can suffer repetitive stress injuries.
- Supermarket workers who have to stock shelves or load trucks can develop repetitive stress injuries.
Winning a Claim for Repetitive Stress Injuries in Hopewell, NJ
If your employer denies your claim for workers’ compensation, you should make sure that you have an experienced attorney on your side. Experienced legal counsel is often necessary to guide injured workers through the complex workers’ compensation claims process. Additionally, your attorney will need to be prepared to prove that your repetitive stress injury was caused or exacerbated by a work-related task. Even at the earliest stages of filing a workers’ compensation claim, an attorney can help you submit the necessary medical documents and meet any filing deadlines.
Contact a Hamilton NJ Workers’ Compensation Attorney
The workers’ compensation attorneys at Kamensky Cohen & Riechelson will help you get the compensation you deserve. We handle these cases on a contingency basis, so we only get paid if we collect money for you. Call us now to discuss your options for filing a workers’ comp claim or appealing a workers’ comp decision. You can also email us to schedule a free, no-obligation consultation at our offices in Trenton or Pennington.