Kevin S. Riechelson
Location: Trenton, New Jersey
Phone: (215) 337-4915
Mr. Riechelson, now Managing Partner of our Pennsylvania practice, brings Kamensky Cohen & Riechelson a wealth of Litigation and Trial experience. He has been involved in a variety of complex litigation including product liability, construction, toxic tort, mass tort, and multi-district litigation, fire damage, premises liability, private and commercial motor vehicle, assault and battery and other general litigation cases.
In one of the many cases that Mr. Riechelson successfully handled, he helped a family recover $4.6 million for the death of a husband and father of 2 young children caused by an automobile accident in the Chicago suburbs. He also recovered $2 million for a pedestrian who sustained catastrophic injuries while crossing a street in Princeton. In yet another case, Mr. Riechelson obtained a settlement in excess of $1 million for a client involved in an accident on the Pennsylvania Turnpike when her car was struck by a dislodged tire. In addition, Mr. Riechelson obtained a settlement of $1.475 million for a client whose injury was as a result of a construction site mishap.
Mr. Riechelson has given presentations on various aspects of the Law including NJ and Pennsylvania Auto Law, the Use of Technology & the Internet in the Law Profession, and Products Liability. He has lectured at Mercer County X-treme CLE and for Garden State CLE on a frequent basis. He is Chairman of the Mercer County Arbitration Committee and provides retraining for arbitrators with Presiding Judge Douglas Hurd.
Having graduated with honors from Temple University School of Law in May 1990, Mr. Riechelson began his legal career at the Pennsylvania Department of Transportation, later becoming a Partner in the Philadelphia Law Firm of Margolis Edelstein and then the Managing Attorney, Trenton Office for a New Brunswick, NJ based Law Firm. Mr. Riechelson also holds a degree from Drexel University in Business Administration/Accounting. As a partner at Kamensky Cohen & Riechelson, Mr. Riechelson is responsible for all aspects of general litigation cases with particular emphasis on complex Commercial and serious Personal Injury matters as well as Nursing Home abuse cases.
I have worked with Kevin professionally for many years. He is a great attorney who works aggressively on behalf of his clients. I have confidence in his ability to get the best outcome and as such refer my clients to him for personal injury representation.
Areas of Practice
- Personal Injury
- Construction / Workplace Accident Litigation
- Products Liability
- Nursing Home Abuse
- Toxic Torts
- Premises Liability
- Motor Vehicle Defects
- Assault & Battery — Plaintiff
- Odor Nuisance Cases/Class Action
- New Jersey
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court District of New Jersey
- U.S. Court of Appeals 3rd Circuit
- Temple University School of Law, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- J.D. – 1990
- Drexel University, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- B.A. – 1987
- Major: Business Administration
- Major: Accounting
Honors and Awards
- National Service Award
- Drexel University Service Award
- Deans List, Teaching assistant for Intro to Trial Advocacy
- Recipient of a National Service Award, Drexel University Service Award, Dean of Students
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Pennsylvania Bar Association, Member
- Mercer County Bar Association
- New Jersey Bar, Member
Past Employment Positions
- Office of Chief Counsel, Pennsylvania Department of Transportation, Legal Intern, 1988 – 1989
- Margolis Edelstein, Philadelphia, Law Clerk, 1989 – 1990
- Margolis Edelstein, Philadelphia, Associate, 1990 – 1999
- Margolis Edelstein, Philadelphia, Partner, 1999 – 2007
- Garces & Grabler, Trenton Office, Managing Attorney, 2007 – 2011
- Kamensky Cohen & Riechelson, Partner, 2011 – Current
Kevin Riechelson was my lawyer after a car accident. I met with two lawyers before him, but his knowledge blew the others out of the water even from the first meeting. He made one of the most difficult times of my life worth it. He was ALWAYS on top of my case, knew exactly who I was when I called, and knew the exact status of the case. There was never a moment that I felt like just another client to him. He consistently checked in with me, and always made it a point to make this easy on me and my family. Very flexible with appointments etc and always responsive to questions and concerns. Sitting in arbitration beside him I felt fully confident with the amount of work he put into my case. Incredibly thankful we found him. I would recommend him to ANYONE dealing with personal injury/ car accident injury.