Trenton NJ Workers’ Compensation for Construction Workers Lawyer
Law Firm with Offices in Pennington, New Jersey
Construction workers perform incredibly dangerous work which often results in injuries. Since construction site injuries are often severe, an injured worker might be unable to return to work for a very long time while they recuperate. Being out of work for an extended period of time can cause significant financial stress. The good news is that if you were injured while working at a construction site, you are entitled to workers’ compensation in the form of income benefits. Additionally, your employer is legally obligated to compensate you for your medical bills and the costs of treatment.
Kamensky Cohen & Riechelson is a highly respected law firm with a track record of success throughout New Jersey and Pennsylvania. Our workers’ compensation lawyers have more than 40 years of experience assisting injured construction workers in Mercer County, NJ including Hamilton, Robbinsville, and Hopewell Township. If you have suffered a construction site injury, KCR can help you get the compensation you deserve.
Causes of Construction Site Injuries in Mercer County, NJ
Construction sites are extremely dangerous. Some of the most common causes of construction site injuries in New Jersey include:
- Heavy Machinery: Many construction workers suffer injuries while working with heavy machinery. When machinery malfunctions, the construction worker can suffer catastrophic injuries.
- Falls from Heights: Some construction workers are injured by falls from roofs at elevated heights. This can result in serious injuries when the worker falls because scaffolding is unguarded.
- Crane and Ladder Collapses: Crane collapses and ladder collapses are particularly dangerous at construction sites.
- Site Debris: Construction sites are often filled with debris, which can cause slip-and-fall accidents and significant injuries. Some types of debris can also cause fires.
- Falling Objects: Construction site workers also have to watch out for falling objects, such as tools and equipment.
- Electrocution: Construction workers who have to deal with live wires can suffer electrocution and chemical burns.
- Toxic Chemicals: Exposure to toxic chemicals at construction sites can lead to occupational diseases.
Filing a Workers’ Comp Claim for a Construction Site Injury in Lawrence, NJ
Construction site accidents often result in severe injuries that require emergency room visits, costly medical treatment, and extensive rehabilitation. If you suffered a work-related injury, you are entitled to medical benefits to cover the costs of your medical treatment. Additionally, many construction site injuries are so severe that the injured worker is unable to return to work for a long time. If you are unable to return to work for any period of time because of your injuries, you are entitled to income benefits to cover your lost wages.
Sometimes, a construction worker is unable to recover from a serious job-related accident. If your loved one was tragically killed because of a construction site accident, you may be entitled to death benefits through workers’ compensation.
Personal Injury Claims for Construction Site Accidents in Princeton, NJ
You should also speak with an attorney who will help you explore all of your legal options. In addition to filing a workers’ comp claim, you may be able to file a personal injury claim against a negligent third party. Depending upon the circumstances, a contractor or equipment manufacturer can be held legally responsible for your injuries.
It is important to consider the possibility of pursuing a personal injury claim because New Jersey workers’ compensation does not necessarily cover all of the damages for construction site injuries. For example, workers’ compensation does not provide benefits for pain and suffering.
Free Consultation with Hightstown NJ Workers’ Comp Lawyers
The workers’ compensation lawyers at Kamensky Cohen & Riechelson are prepared to assist you with your workers’ comp claim. Additionally, there are no upfront fees with us; we only get paid after we win your case. Call us now to speak with a member of our legal team, or fill out the online contact form to schedule a meeting at our offices in Trenton or Pennington.