Trenton NJ Multiple-Vehicle Auto Accident Attorneys
Personal Injury Lawyers with Offices in Trenton and Pennington, New Jersey
The great majority of auto accidents involve two motor vehicles – and the majority of these accidents involve negligent drivers. It is important for negligent drivers to be held accountable for their failures; it’s the only way to make sure that they don’t continue to drive recklessly and cause car accidents in the future. Unfortunately, it is not easy to determine liability in any type of accident – especially multiple-vehicle accidents. Many times, both drivers have competing and mutually exclusive stories about who caused the accident. Things get even more complicated when two cars crash into a third vehicle. It is important for you to have an attorney who can sift through the information and determine who was at fault in the accident.
Negligent Drivers Cause Multi-Vehicle Accidents in Mercer County, NJ
Driver negligence includes reckless driving, careless driving, driving while intoxicated, and speeding. Speeding is a particular problem when a car is traveling on the highway because the other cars on the road are also moving at high speeds. This means that multiple-vehicle accidents involving a speeding automobile on the highway often result in catastrophic injuries. Speeding is also a greater risk when it occurs in a construction zone because it poses a threat to both drivers and construction workers. That’s why New Jersey doubles fines for speeding in a safe corridor or construction zone.
A related cause of multi-vehicle accidents in New Jersey is distracted driving. Drivers need to pay attention when they are on the road because unaware motorists pose a major safety risk to other drivers, as well as to pedestrians.
Other Causes of Multiple-Vehicle Accidents in Hamilton NJ
In addition to driver negligence, there are a number of other causes of multiple-vehicle accidents in New Jersey, including:
- Weather Conditions: Snow or ice on the road can make it more difficult for drivers to maintain control of their vehicles. Adverse weather conditions can also limit driver visibility, which makes it more difficult for a driver to react quickly enough to avoid other vehicles.
- Traffic: It is especially important for drivers to pay attention when they are in heavy traffic; it is extremely easy for smaller vehicles, such as motorcycles, to be obscured in traffic. When a vehicle travels too closely to another vehicle, it might be impossible to stop quickly enough to avoid a rear-end collision.
- Blind Spots: Drivers need to constantly check their blind spots; otherwise, they might fail to see a smaller vehicle approaching on the side.
- Nighttime: Drivers need to turn on their headlights and pay careful attention to the road when operating a motor vehicle at night.
- Rubbernecking: Far too many drivers turn their heads to look as they drive past an accident scene. This contributes to distracted driving accidents.
Securing Compensation for Multi-Car Accidents in Princeton, New Jersey
Determining liability in a multi-car accident is incredibly complicated. That’s why it is important for you to have an experienced attorney on your side early in the process. Kamensky Cohen & Riechelson is a law firm that has been assisting car accident victims in New Jersey since 1972. We have successfully represented countless clients involved in multi-car accidents throughout Mercer County, NJ, including Lawrence, Hamilton, and Princeton. We know exactly what details to look for when investigating an accident scene, which is crucial when filing a claim for accident compensation.
Contact Our Mercer County NJ Multi-Car Accident Lawyers for Answers
Kamensky Cohen & Riechelson will fight to get you compensated for your motor vehicle accident injuries. Call us anytime to discuss your case, or email us to schedule a free consultation at our offices in Trenton or Pennington, New Jersey.