Hamilton NJ Spinal Cord Injury Attorneys
Personal Injury Lawyers with Offices in Trenton and Pennington, NJ
It is never easy trying to deal with a traumatic injury. This is especially true when suffering from a spinal cord injury because it poses unique health problems that typically require a lengthy recovery process. Needless to say, filing a personal injury claim won’t solve all of your problems; however, it will go a long way toward reducing your financial hardship and ensuring that you receive the medical care and treatment you need. You deserve the opportunity to recover from your spinal cord injury. If you have suffered a spinal cord injury due to someone else’s negligence, you may be feeling a bit overwhelmed by the complicated legal process, as well as mounting medical bills. That’s why it is imperative that you speak with an experienced attorney who understands both the legal issues and the medical issues involved in these kinds of cases.
Kamensky Cohen & Riechelson is a well-respected law firm with a track record of success in New Jersey. Our attorneys have successfully represented personal injury victims in Robbinsville, Howell Township, and everywhere else in Mercer County, NJ since 1972. Additionally, our legal team includes a New Jersey Certified Civil Trial Attorney and a New Jersey “Super Lawyer,” so you know that we’ve earned the respect of our peers within the legal community. Call KCR now to discuss your spinal cord injury and explore your legal options for securing compensation.
Spinal Cord Injuries in Mercer County NJ
The spinal cord is the central carrier of signals to the human body. Moreover, the spinal cord, along with the brain, controls neural function throughout the human body. When a person suffers a spinal cord injury, they may lose control of their body. In extreme cases, a spinal cord injury may suffer paralysis.
Generally speaking, it is easy for an accident victim to realize that they have suffered a spinal cord injury because the pain is often extreme or even unbearable. However, sometimes, the symptoms of a spinal cord injury are not immediately apparent. That’s because the injury doesn’t manifest until later on when bleeding or swelling occurs in or around the spinal cord. Some of the symptoms to be on the lookout for include:
- Significant back pain
- Extreme neck pain
- Severe headaches
- Weakness in arms and legs
- Numbness in the extremities, including hands, fingers, feet, and toes
- Breathing difficulties
- Loss of bowel control
- Bladder dysfunction
- Muscle spasms
Causes of Spinal Cord Injuries in Princeton NJ
Any kind of significant external impact to the spine can result in a spinal cord injury. The most common causes of spinal cord injuries in New Jersey are:
- Motor Vehicle Accidents: This is the most frequent cause of spinal cord injuries. According to a report issued by the Mayo Clinic, nearly half of all spinal cord injuries are the result of auto accidents.
- Slip & Fall Accidents: Trip and fall accidents are the leading cause of spinal cord injuries among individuals aged 65 or higher.
- Sports Injuries: Contact sports such as football, even when played recreationally, can result in significant injuries, including spinal cord injuries.
- Acts of Violence: A property owner who fails to provide adequate security to protect visitors against violent attacks may be subject to a premises liability lawsuit if a visitor suffers a spinal cord injury.
- Medical Malpractice: One of the most common causes of spinal cord injuries in a medical context is surgical errors.
- Disease: When a doctor fails to properly diagnose a disease or illness such as cancer, arthritis, or osteoporosis, the patient can suffer irreparable damages to their spine and may lose the ability to effectively treat a spinal cord injury.
- Defective Products: If you were involved in a motor vehicle accident, a defective seatbelt may have contributed to your spinal cord injury.
Compensation for Spinal Cord Injuries in Trenton NJ
The effects of a spinal cord injury are potentially catastrophic. You are likely to incur significant medical bills for your immediate treatment, as well as require costly physical therapy and rehabilitation. Beyond that, you could find that your quality of life has significantly declined due to severe pain and suffering. That’s why it is crucial for you to get compensation that accounts for not just your past medical treatment but also any future treatment you may need.
Contact West Windsor NJ Spinal Cord Injury Lawyers for a Free Consultation
The experienced personal injury lawyers at Kamensky Cohen & Riechelson will conduct independent tests, consult with expert witnesses, and fight the insurance company to ensure that you get the compensation you deserve. Call us today to speak with a member of our litigation team, or fill out the online contact form to schedule a free, confidential consultation at our offices in Trenton or Pennington NJ.
Traumatic Injuries Related Content