Mercer County NJ Slip and Fall Injury Attorneys
Personal Injury Lawyers with Offices in Trenton and Pennington, NJ
Property owners are required to keep their premises safe for visitors. This includes preventing hazards that could cause slip and fall accidents. When property owners fail to safely maintain their premises, innocent visitors can suffer severe, life-changing injuries and even wrongful death.
If you or someone close to you has been injured in a trip and fall accident, it is important to consult with an experienced personal injury lawyer as soon as possible. The opposition could have a team of lawyers building evidence to deny your claim. You need an attorney who knows how to back up slip-and-fall accident claims with compelling evidence, including an immediate and professional investigation on your behalf.
The experienced slip and fall lawyers at Kamensky Cohen & Riechelson can provide you with the knowledgeable advice and advocacy you need at this time. Time is of the essence! You only have a two-year statute of limitations before you lose your right to sue for compensation for your medical bills, lost wages and pain and suffering. Contact us online or by telephone to arrange a consultation with one of our knowledgeable NJ premises liability lawyers.
What Are the Main Causes of Slip and Fall Accidents in New Jersey?
Property owners have a legal duty to take reasonable measures to ensure the safety of visitors to their premises. When a property owner is aware of a hazardous condition on the premises they have an obligation to warn visitors of the potential dangers. A few example of hazardous conditions that can result in serious injuries are:
- Uncleared snow or ice on walkways
- Wet surfaces or floors
- Cracked sidewalks
- Insufficient lighting
- Unsecured scaffolding at construction sites
- Malfunctioning escalators
Have You Been Injured in a Slip-and-Fall Accident in New Jersey?
According to the National Floor Safety Institute, accidental falls are the leading reason for emergency room visits in the country, costing an estimated $60-80 billion a year. At the same time, an increase in fraudulent slip-and-fall claims has cast a shadow of skepticism over legitimate claims, so it is very important to back up any claim you might file with all the evidence you can gather. Our early investigative team and experts provide the evidence necessary to defeat the insurance companies’ resounding “NO” to your claim.
You can help your case by taking the following actions as soon as possible after your fall:
- Contact an experienced personal injury lawyer. Your attorney will put an investigator on the case to ensure that you have all necessary evidence to support your claim.
- Write down all that you can recall as to what happened in the moments immediately leading up to your fall.
- Write down exactly what caused you to fall.
- Take note of your surroundings, especially anything that might have contributed to the accident.
- Take pictures of the scene if you can. Cell phones and smartphones make immediate photos readily available.
- Note the time of day.
- Get contact information of any witnesses so our investigative team can get to them for statements before the insurance company does.
- If you are on or near a business or commercial property, seek out the management and file an incident report.
- Seek medical attention. If you are hurt, politely saying you’re OK to avoid a scene will not help your case later on. Be sure to keep all documentation of your treatment in a safe place for later use.
Do not hesitate to consult with an experienced personal injury attorney as soon as possible. Under the law, you might be entitled to reimbursement for medical costs you incur as a result of an injury due to a fall. You might also be entitled to compensation for pain, suffering, life changes and/or missed work, depending on the cause and circumstances of the fall. Our roster of personal injury lawyers includes experienced senior attorneys who have been litigating and/or negotiating personal injury claims in NJ and PA for more than 40 years.
Contact our Princeton NJ Slip and Fall Injury Attorneys to Discuss Your Claim
If you or someone close to you has suffered a slip & fall injury due to property owner negligence, we are here to help you pursue compensation for your losses. Contact us online or by telephone to arrange a consultation with an experienced New Jersey premises liability attorney.
Slip and Fall Accidents Related Content