Hamilton NJ Motorcycle Accident Causes Lawyers
Motorcycle Accident Injury Attorneys with Offices in Trenton and Pennington, NJ
Motorcyclists are always at great risk of an accident because motorcycles are relatively invisible when compared to other vehicles on the road. This means that drivers of cars and trucks often fail to notice motorcycles in areas of heavy traffic. Although there are many causes of motorcycle accidents, the predominant cause of serious motorcycle accident injuries is negligence by other drivers. Worse yet, motorcycle accidents often result in catastrophic injuries. In the worst cases, a motorcycle accident can be fatal.
Kamensky Cohen & Riechelson is a highly respected law firm with a rich tradition in New Jersey. Our personal injury lawyers have more than 40 years of experienced representing motorcycle accident victims throughout Mercer County, including Ewing, Lawrence, and West Windsor. Additionally, our litigation team includes a New Jersey Certified Civil Trial Attorney so you can trust us to get the job done for you in the courtroom. Call KCR now to discuss your legal options.
Causes of Motorcycle Accidents in Mercer County NJ
The majority of motorcycle accidents are caused by a motorist violating a motorcyclist’s right of way on the road. In fact, many motorists fail to yield to motorcycle because they don’t believe that motorcyclists deserve to share the road. Additionally, many motorcycle accidents occur at intersections, with the driver of a car or truck turning into the motorcyclist and causing a collision.
The most common causes of motorcycle accidents in the State of New Jersey include:
- Negligent Drivers: Drivers who are distracted from the task at hand are more likely to run a red light or run through a stop sign. The end result could be a rear-end collision.
- Drunk Drivers: Intoxicated motorists pose a serious threat to motorcycle riders.
- Speeding: Speeding motorists are especially dangerous for motorcycle riders because motorcycle bodies do not protect riders in the event of a crash.
- Illegal Turn: Many motorcycle accidents are caused when the driver of a car or truck makes a left turn and crashes into an oncoming motorcycle.
- Hit-and-Run Accidents: Hit-and-run accidents involving a motorcycle are often fatal, with the other driver fleeing the scene because they fear serious criminal charges with severe penalties.
- Road Hazards: Potholes, puddles, oil slicks, debris, and uneven pavement poses major safety risks for motorcycle riders because motorcycles are less stable than cars.
- Weather Conditions: Although inclement weather conditions do not account for many motorcycle accidents, they still result in a statistically significant number of catastrophic injuries.
- Pedestrians: A single-vehicle accident can cause severe injuries when a motorcycle rider swerves to avoid jaywalking pedestrians.
- Product Defects: Motorcycle manufacturing or design defects can result in brake failure, a stalled engine, or a flat tire. This can lead to serious motorcycle accidents.
Call our Hopewell Township NJ Motorcycle Accident Injury Attorneys
The motorcycle accident attorneys at Kamensky Cohen & Riechelson are prepared to fight for you and help you secure maximum compensation for your motorcycle accident injuries. Additionally, we work on a contingency basis; this means that we don’t get paid unless you get paid. Call us today to discuss your motorcycle accident claim with one of our experienced attorneys, or email us to schedule a free, no-obligation consultation at our offices in Trenton or Pennington, NJ.