Hamilton NJ Motorcycle Accident Loss of Limb Lawyers
Personal Injury Attorneys with Offices in Trenton and Pennington, New Jersey
Motorcycle accident victims are more likely to suffer severe injuries than other motorists because motorcycle riders are not protected against direct impact with the roadway. The worst motorcycle accidents can lead to the loss of a limb. Sometimes, motorcycle accident victims find themselves pinned between the motorcycle and another vehicle. When this happens, they may suffer permanent damage to a limb. If a limb is crushed by a motor vehicle or some other object as the result of a motorcycle accident, amputation might be necessary to save the victim’s life. Of course, losing a limb can have a dramatic effect on a person’s life. It can also negatively affect the injury victim’s family.
Kamensky Cohen & Riechelson is a legal team that has been representing clients in New Jersey since 1972. During that time, our personal injury lawyers have helped countless motorcycle accident victims file claims and secure compensation in Mercer County, including East Windsor, Princeton, and Pennington. Call KCR today to speak with a member of our litigation team and discuss your motorcycle accident case.
Damages for Motorcycle Accident Amputation Injuries in Mercer County NJ
If you suffer a lost limb as the result of a motorcycle accident, you deserve compensation. New Jersey law allows you to file a claim for all kinds of damages, including:
- Medical Treatment: Motorcycle accidents which result in the loss of a limb often necessitate costly medical treatment and surgery. If you lose a limb, you might also need compensation to cover the costs of prosthetics.
- Pain and Suffering: Even if doctors are able to reattach the limb to your body, you may suffer from pain for the rest of your life.
- Emotional Distress: Losing a limb can cause serious emotional problems as the victim tries to adjust to life without the use of all of their legs and arms. That’s why you may need to file a claim for damages stemming from emotional distress.
- Quality of Life: When you lose a limb because of a serious motorcycle accident, you might find it impossible to maintain the same active lifestyle you had before the accident. In certain instances, you might need to make expensive modifications to your home so that you can still get around.
- Inability to Work: Although medical and technological advancements have allowed many amputees to return to semi-normal lives, it might still be difficult for a motorcycle accident victim who loses a limb to return to work in their previous capacity. Even the loss of a finger could prevent you from being able to perform your job. This could cause undue financial stress for you and your family.
Wrongful Death from Amputation Injuries in Lawrence NJ
The loss of a limb in a motorcycle accident can be life-threatening because these injuries are often accompanied by a large loss of blood. Additionally, it is not uncommon for motorcycle accident victims who lose a limb to suffer severe infections because of the open wound. This has the potential to be life-threatening.
Call Trenton NJ Motorcycle Accident Amputation Attorneys for a Free Consultation
Kamensky Cohen & Riechelson is prepared to assist you with your motorcycle accident case. We handle all personal injury cases on a contingency basis, so we only get paid after we win your case. Call us today to talk about your legal options, or email us to schedule a free consultation at our offices in Trenton or Pennington, New Jersey.