Hopewell NJ Motorcycle Accident Damages and Compensation Attorneys
Motorcycle Accident Injury Lawyers with Offices in Trenton and Pennington, NJ
Compensation for your motorcycle accident is supposed to make you whole. In other words, you should end up in the same position you occupied prior to the accident. Of course, this isn’t always possible. That’s why it’s important to have an experienced attorney who will argue on your behalf and help you maximize compensation. Additionally, your attorney should be skilled at negotiating because damages and compensation are often negotiated during a settlement process that occurs before the case is tried in court.
Kamensky Cohen & Riechelson is a highly respected law firm with a rich tradition in New Jersey. We have more than 40 years of experience assisting motorcycle accident victims in Mercer County, NJ, including Hamilton, East Windsor, and Hopewell Township. Our litigation team includes a New Jersey Certified Civil Trial Attorney and a New Jersey “Super Lawyer.” Call KCR today to speak with one of our experienced motorcycle accident attorneys about your case.
Types of Compensation for Motorcycle Accident Injuries in Mercer County, New Jersey
The compensation for a motorcycle accident varies, depending upon the nature of the accident and the severity of your injuries. If you were involved in a motorcycle accident in New Jersey, you may be able to file a claim for damages, including:
- Medical Bills: Serious motorcycle accidents often result in injuries which require immediate, and expensive, medical treatment. Beyond the emergency room visit, you might also need extensive rehabilitative care. Medical bills stemming from a motorcycle accident often place a severe burden on the victim and their loved ones.
- Future Medical Care: The most serious motorcycle accidents can result in chronic injuries. These injuries generally require ongoing care, which can be extremely expensive. In addition to requiring long-term physical therapy, you might need crutches braces, a wheelchair, and constant pain medication.
- Lost Wages: If you are temporarily unable to perform essential functions of your job, you might go without a paycheck in the weeks and months that follow your motorcycle accident. If the motorcycle accident results in a permanent injury, you might find it difficult to continue working at all. An attorney can make sure that income continuation is factored into your compensation.
- Physical Pain and Suffering: If your motorcycle accident caused painful physical injuries, you may be entitled to compensation for your physical and emotional anguish.
- Emotional Trauma: If your motorcycle accident injuries are severe and long-lasting, you might suffer emotional and psychological trauma. Many motorcycle accident victims have to deal with depression and anxiety in the months and years after the accident.
- Loss of Companionship: When a motorcycle accident causes catastrophic injuries, it might become difficult, or even impossible, to maintain a healthy relationship with your spouse. In these cases, you might be entitled to compensation for loss of companionship.
- Property Damage: Motorcycle accidents often result in significant damage to the motorcycle. If your motorcycle was damaged in the accident, you will need compensation to cover the costs of repairs. You might also be entitled to the costs of a rental vehicle while you wait for the repairs. If your motorcycle was destroyed in the accident, you may be entitled to compensation for motorcycle replacement.
- Wrongful Death: If your loved one was involved in a fatal motorcycle accident, you may need to pursue a wrongful death claim against the negligent driver.
Keep in mind that the amount of damages you can recover may be affected by New Jersey comparative negligence laws. This means that if you were partially responsible for the motorcycle accident, you might be limited in the amount of compensation that you can obtain.
Speak with a Trenton NJ Motorcycle Accident Injury Lawyer Today
Kamensky Cohen & Riechelson is ready to assist you with your motorcycle accident claim and help you secure compensation for your injuries. Moreover, we handle all personal injury cases on a contingency basis; we only get paid if you get paid. Call KCR now to discuss your motorcycle accident case with one of our experienced litigators. You can also fill out the online contact form to schedule a free consultation at our Trenton or Pennington office.