Trenton NJ Motorcycle Accident Injury Attorneys
Representing Accident Victims in Mercer County and Across New Jersey
Many times, a motorcycle accident is caused by another driver who is negligent or careless. Negligent drivers often fail to adhere to traffic laws. This increases the likelihood of a serious accident. Additionally, it can be difficult for other drivers to recognize motorcycles on the roadway. That’s because motorcycles are smaller than cars and tend to be obscured by other vehicles. However, even if the other motorist did not see your motorcycle, they might still be liable for the resulting motorcycle accident.
Kamensky Cohen & Riechelson is a highly respected law firm with a rich tradition in New Jersey. Our litigation team has successfully filed personal injury claims on behalf of injured motorcyclists throughout Mercer County, including Lawrence, Hamilton, and West Windsor. We thoroughly prepare every case for trial because we believe that every client deserves the best possible legal representation. If you have been injured in a motorcycle accident due to someone else’s negligence, call KCR today to find out about your legal options.
Negligent Drivers Cause Motorcycle Accidents in Mercer County NJ
When another driver violates your right of way, the end result could be an accident that causes significant property damage and serious injuries. Of course, there are many different kinds of negligence that can cause a motorcycle accident, including:
- Distracted Driving: Many inattentive motorists simply fail to see a motorcycle on the road before making a left turn. In fact, this is one of the most common causes of motorcycle accidents. Moreover, far too many drivers on NJ roads are busy talking on a cellphone, texting, or eating or drinking. This can result in a distracted driving accident that causes serious injuries.
- Drunk Driving: When the driver of a motor vehicle is intoxicated, they pose a serious threat to motorcycle riders because motorcycles are already difficult to spot on the road.
- Speeding: Many motorcycle accidents are caused by motor vehicle drivers who are in a rush and driving at an excessive speed.
- Failure to Yield: It is not uncommon for a motor vehicle driver to cause a motor vehicle accident when they fail to yield. Unfortunately, their failure to yield stems from a belief that motorcycles do not have the same right to the road as operators of cars.
- Running a Red Light or Stop Sign: A driver who runs a red light or runs through a stop sign can hit a motorcycle and cause serious injuries.
- Rear-End Collision: Motorcycles are capable of stopping much quicker than cars, which means that rear-end collisions are often caused by drivers of automobiles.
Securing Compensation for Motorcycle Accident Negligence in Hopewell Township NJ
A negligent or careless driver can be held legally responsible for the damages suffered by other people in an accident. In fact, drivers who cause motorcycle accidents need to be held accountable so that all drivers understand that they must pay attention while on New Jersey roadways.
Additionally, keep in mind that New Jersey is a comparative negligence state. This means that even if both drivers were partially at fault for the accident, you can still sue the other driver.
Call for a Free Consultation with Princeton NJ Motorcycle Accident Negligence Lawyers
The motorcycle accident lawyers at Kamensky Cohen & Riechelson will fight at the negotiating table and in court, if necessary, to protect your legal rights and maximize your compensation. Call us now to discuss your motorcycle accident claim, or fill out the online contact form to arrange a free, no-obligation meeting at our offices in Trenton or Pennington, NJ.