Trenton NJ Multiple-Vehicle Motorcycle Accident Lawyers
Personal Injury Attorneys with Offices in Mercer County, New Jersey
The majority of motorcycle accidents in New Jersey involve two vehicles. Most of these accidents are caused when a car or truck crashes into the motorcycle. Although many people mistakenly think that most motorcycle accidents are caused by overly aggressive motorcyclists, the reality is that most motorcycle accidents occur because the drivers of other vehicles fail to notice motorcycles on the road. Negligent drivers need to be held responsible when they cause a motorcycle accident.
Cohen & Riechelson is a well-respected law firm with a track record of success in motorcycle accident cases throughout New Jersey. Our personal injury lawyers have more than 40 years of experience representing motorcycle accident victims in Mercer County, NJ, including Hightstown, Hamilton, and East Windsor. Call CR now to explore the possibility of filing a motorcycle accident claim.
Driver Negligence Causes Motorcycle Accidents in Mercer County NJ
Driver negligence is a major cause of motorcycle accidents. Some of the common kinds of negligence include speeding, reckless driving, and driving while intoxicated.
This kind of negligent or reckless behavior can make it difficult for motorists to see a motorcycle on the road. In fact, the most common cause of multiple-vehicle accidents involving a motorcycle is the other driver’s failure to detect and recognize motorcycles in traffic. The reasons for this failure may include:
- Traffic: Since motorcycles are smaller than cars, they tend to be obscured in heavy traffic.
- Glare: If the other driver’s view is limited by glare, it might be difficult for them to spot a motorcycle on the roadway.
- Blind Spots: When the driver of a motor vehicle fails to check their blind spots while driving, it can result in a collision with a motorcyclist.
- Intersections: Motorcycle accidents are extremely common at intersections because the other driver often fails to see the motorcycle when making a left-hand turn. When the driver of a motor vehicle fails to look carefully before proceeding through an intersection, the end result can be a motorcycle accident.
- Merging: A motorcycle accident is also more likely when a driver is attempting to merge onto a busy highway because vehicles are already traveling at high speeds and motorcycles can be difficult to see right away.
- Nighttime: Motorcycle crashes are also more likely to happen at night because it may be more difficult to see motorcyclists on the roadway in the dark.
Sudden Stops Cause Multi-Vehicle Motorcycle Accidents in Lawrence NJ
Many motorcycle accidents are caused by motor vehicle drivers who suddenly slam on their brakes. Motorcycles are able to stop much more suddenly than cars and trucks. Unfortunately, a lot of motorists don’t realize this; as a result, they follow behind a motorcycle too closely and then find themselves unable to avoid a collision when the motorcycle comes to a sudden stop.
A sudden-stop collision can be deadly when it involves a motorcycle because motorcyclists are not protected by the interior of a vehicle. A rear-end collision between a car and a motorcycle can cause the bike to flip and the rider to be thrown from the bike.
Speak with a Princeton Motorcycle Accident Injury Attorney Today
Cohen & Riechelson will do whatever it takes to win your motorcycle accident case. Additionally, we will handle your case on a contingency fee basis; we only get paid if you receive compensation for your injuries. Call us today to learn about your legal options, or email us to schedule a free consultation at our offices in Hamilton or Pennington.