Hopewell NJ Motorcycle Accident Injury Claims Lawyers
Personal Injury Attorneys with Offices in Mercer County, New Jersey
Society tends to have a skewed view of motorcycle riders. Although many motorcycle accidents are caused by inattentive drivers of cars and trucks, motorcycle riders are perceived as being most responsible for accidents. That’s why you need an experienced motorcycle accident attorney to argue on your behalf throughout the legal process.
Kamensky Cohen & Riechelson is a law firm that has been representing clients in New Jersey since 1972. During that time, we have helped motorcycle accident victims file personal injury claims throughout Mercer County, NJ, including Hopewell, West Windsor, and Ewing. We understand the nuances of motorcycle accidents laws in New Jersey. We are also committed to providing personalized attention to each and every client. Call KCR now to discuss your motorcycle accident case with one of our experienced personal injury lawyers.
Winning a Motorcycle Accident Claim in Mercer County NJ
Your safety and health should be your primary concern if you are involved in a motorcycle accident. However, there are also other considerations that come into play because of the potential for a lawsuit:
- Remain at the accident scene. Do not leave the accident scene until you have spoken with a police officer. Leaving the scene of an accident is a very serious criminal offense in New Jersey.
- Contact law enforcement. You need to report the accident to the police so that there is an official record of the accident. This will matter a great deal when you file a claim with the insurance company.
- Get the other driver’s contact information and insurance information. You should also write down their vehicle license plate number.
- Get information from potential witnesses. Many witnesses won’t bother to wait for the police to arrive. That’s why you need to get their names and contact information immediately. If possible, try to get written statements from the witnesses.
- Take photographs of the accident scene. This is important because the evidence of the accident could soon disappear. For example, skid marks in the road or anything else that might be used to prove liability might not be visible a few days later. It is crucial that you obtain a visual record of the accident because this evidence can be used during negotiations and litigation.
- Take photographs of your injuries. Although your injuries may be clearly visible, they will fade over time.
- Take photographs of property damage. You are going to want visual evidence of the damage to your motorcycle.
- Seek medical attention. Not only is it important for your long-term health to get medical treatment for your injuries; it is also important for your legal claim that there is a record of your injuries. Even if you do not think your injuries are that serious, speak with a doctor; many times, severe injuries don’t manifest until several days after the accident.
- Notify your insurance company. If you fail to inform your insurance company of the accident as soon as it occurs, your claim could have red flags.
- Contact an experienced motorcycle accident attorney. Motorcycle accident laws are incredibly complex. That’s why you need to speak with an attorney very early in the legal process.
How an Attorney Can Help You Obtain Compensation for Motorcycle Accident Injuries in Hamilton NJ
It is often necessary for an attorney to conduct an in-depth investigation of the motorcycle accident in order to determine important liability issues. This investigation needs to happen sooner rather than later so that important evidence is preserved for trial. Additionally, your attorney needs to interview witnesses and responding police officers as soon as possible so that the details of your motorcycle accident are still fresh in their minds. Beyond that, your attorney needs to file all necessary paperwork in a timely fashion. Failure to file certain documents could lead to your case being dismissed before trial even begins.
Contact a Lawrence NJ Motorcycle Accident Injury Attorney to Discuss Your Claim
The motorcycle accident attorneys at Kamensky Cohen & Riechelson are ready to fight for you and help you secure maximum compensation for your motorcycle accident injuries. We work on a contingency basis, which means we only get paid when we win your case. Call KCR today to speak with a member of our litigation team, or email us to schedule a free, no-obligation consultation at our offices in Trenton or Pennington, New Jersey.